Restrictions due to COVID-19
Please do not visit our centres unless you are an accompanying adult / carer of the patient. The ongoing requirement for physical (social) distancing means that we will continue to limit the number of visitors to our facilities.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our centre communities Healthe Care has mandated the following Visitor Restrictions.
- Until 14 days have lapsed from returning or arriving from overseas (flight/cruise), interstate travel; AND/OR
- Have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days; AND/OR
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 (unless no longer directed to be self-isolated); AND/OR
- Have a fever (even if mild) or respiratory illness like symptoms (a cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, tiredness and breathing difficulties); AND/OR
- A recent loss of the sense of smell? OR an altered sense of taste? you must follow the advice of the public health authorities AND
DO NOT ENTER A HOBSON HEALTHCARE CENTRE
If you are unwell and require urgent medical attention you should contact your GP or call 000 for an ambulance (this will work even without phone credit).
- There is a limit of one accompanying adult /carer per patient, where it is necessary. Due to the current lockdown, patients must be dropped off and picked up at the door. No accompanying adult / carer may enter the facility.
- All visitors (including essential contractors or representatives) will be screened at entry to the hospital before access is granted to the premises. This includes recording your temperature. If your temperature is ≥ 37.5°C you are not permitted to enter the premises.
- All visitors will be required to wear a face mask (which will be provided during entry screening) as per DHHS directive. Wearing a face mask whilst visiting our facility is a condition of being permitted into the centre.
- Volunteers and other non-essential visitors will not be visiting our facility until further notice.
- Visitors aged under 16 years are not allowed, under the directive of the department of health and human services (DHHS).
Upon entry to the centre and during your visit, please practice simple hygiene by making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
Practice physical (social) distancing by:
- Attempting to keep a distance of 1.5 metres (5 feet) between you and other people where possible. If you are required to move closer than 1.5 metres, ensure that the time does not exceed 15 minutes
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging, touching or kissing other people or sharing food
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- If you are asked to wear a surgical face mask, after putting it on to cover your nose and mouth, do not touch the front of the mask and remove it using the ear loops or head straps
- Dispose of the used mask into a waste bin and perform hand hygiene with soap and water or alcohol hand rub
We are also encouraging visitors to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app, which is designed to provide early notification of possible exposure.
If you are concerned please contact healthdirect on 1800 022 222 or the Public Health Unit for further information on 1300 650 172.
Kindly observe any signage and instructions relating to the use of mobile phones and electronic equipment in the hospital, as some devices may interfere with medical equipment.
Please also refer to the attached Fact Sheet for visitors to hospital
Hobson Healthcare has 3 locations - Sydenham, Werribee and Altona. See our Contact page for more information.
All sites have ample free parking available on-site to drop off and collect patients.
Cafés and food
Unfortunately we do not have on-site cafes at our sites, however there are shopping centres located nearby.