Elective surgery cancellations
In response to the current COVID-19 outbreak, the Victorian Government has suspended most elective surgery in both public and private facilities. Presently, only urgent and some already-scheduled priority procedures can be performed. If your procedure needs to be cancelled, your treating specialist will be in touch to advise you of this. Patients may also contact their treating specialist to find out whether their procedure is able to go ahead.
We appreciate your patience and apologise for this inconvenience.
Pre-operative COVID-19 test clinic for patients
Hobson Healthcare is currently running a pre-operative test clinic for all patients scheduled for permitted procedures* at Hobson Healthcare Hospital . (*applicable for any patient expected to undergo a general anaesthetic, local anaesthetic or IV sedation that is deemed to be urgent by the treating specialist.)
- Hobson Healthcare will contact you prior to your scheduled admission to book an appointment time for you at one of our pre-operative test clinics.
- Clinics will be held at our Werribee and Sydenham sites, Monday to Friday between 09:00 – 13:00. Should you need to contact our test clinic please call 9361 6222.
- Upon arrival please wait in your car until 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- If you live regionally and cannot present to the hospital 3 days prior to your scheduled admission, please present to a local COVID-19 test site and forward your COVID-19 test results at least 1 day prior to admission to [email protected]
Test sites: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/getting-te...
- Following your pre-operative test, you are advised to self-isolate until your admission
Please read the below guide for further information about the pre-operative test clinic and self-isolating before your admission.
Pre Operative Covid Testing And Self Isolation Flyer
Masks for visitors
In line with DHHS advice, anyone that is excepted to enter a Hobson Healthcare facility is required to wear a mask as a condition of entry. While we will have masks available at reception, visitors also have the choice to bring their own mask with them, ensuring it is clean.
Click here for our mask guide
Please do not visit our centres unless you are an accompanying adult / carer of the patient.
For further information about visitor restrictions please see the visitors page.
Save time by pre-screening
Save time on the day of your visit to a Hobson Healthcare centre, by completing our pre-screening questionnaire on your smart phone. Follow the link for the site you are visiting:
or by scanning the QR code for the site you are visiting:
Do not delay in seeking medical assistance
The Hobson Healthcare team implores everyone to continue to seek medical help when feeling unwell for any reason, without delay. It is as important as ever that you continue with regular check-ups and any planned health screens.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we get through this together, and we assure you of our continued commitment to the health and safety of patients, staff and the community.